This is a favorite five ingredient dessert. You need a little “chill” time, but it comes together very quickly. I first came across the recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook. It can also be found on their website. I like to make things a little lighter if possible, you can see my changes…and I made this one into a trifle by just simply layering the ingredients instead of using a 9×13 pan.
- 1 box(8 oz.) cream cheese, softened (light)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tub(8 oz.) cool whip, thawed (light)
- 1 angel food cake, (16 oz) , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (21 oz each) blueberry pie filling (Used Comstock extra fruit – only 1 can)